InquirerUN agency helps mat weavers of Basilan’s Sama-Bajau communityוואלהגבר כבן 40 נפצע בינוני בתאונה בביר אל מכסורESPN DeportesTeófimo arrebata título welter a Rolly y es campeón en tres divisionesESPNBrowns' Watson: Boos 'personal,' not based on playPunchEPL: Man City to find new Rodri, says Marescaالنهارالاتحاد الليبي لكرة القدم يحذّر الأندية قبل انطلاق الدوري한겨레기둥 없는 문, 안전은 어떻게 지켰나…GV90 개발진이 꺼낸 답SözcüTrump'ın finansal işlemleri ortaya çıktı: En çok bunlara yatırım yapmışCNN TürkGiresun'da tırda çıkan yangın söndürüldüSky TG24Conto corrente, costi saliti del 23% in 10 anni. I consigli per risparmiare
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Sunday, August 23, 2026

Teen girl fled motorcyclist after he allegedly told her to undress, Kelantan police now investigating possible sexual assault

Translate
Kelantan police chief Datuk Mohd Yusoff Mamat (left) directs Machang officers to investigate a case under the Sexual Offences Against Children Act after a 15-year-old girl found unconscious by the roadside in the district on August 20, 2026 claimed to have been told to undress by the motorcyclist she hitched a ride with. — Bernama pic

Kelantan police chief Datuk Mohd Yusoff Mamat (left) directs Machang officers to investigate a case under the Sexual Offences Against Children Act after a 15-year-old girl found unconscious by the roadside in the district on August 20, 2026 claimed to have been told to undress by the motorcyclist she hitched a ride with. — Bernama pic

By Malay Mail

First Published: Sunday, 23 Aug 2026 1:18 PM MYT

Last Modified: Sunday, 23 Aug 2026 1:22 PM MYT

KOTA BHARU, Aug 23 — Police are looking into a possible sexual offence involving a 15-year-old girl who was found unconscious by the roadside in Machang on August 20, after she allegedly fled from a man who told her to remove her clothes.

Kelantan police chief Datuk Mohd Yusoff Mamat said the girl had run away from home before meeting the unidentified motorcyclist and accepting a ride from him, Harian Metro reported today.

“The victim got on the motorcycle before the man told her to take off her clothes,” he told a press conference at the Kelantan police headquarters here.

He said the girl became frightened and fled but later fell unconscious by the roadside where she was subsequently found by passersby and taken to the hospital for a check-up.

Mohd Yusoff said a medical examination found no evidence of rape, but police were concerned that an attempted sexual offence may have occurred.

“I have asked the Machang district police chief to open an investigation paper under the Sexual Offences Against Children Act,” he was quoted as saying.

The latest development follows an earlier denial by Machang police that the girl had been dumped or abandoned by someone along Jalan Kemuning on August 20.

Machang district police chief Superintendent Azuhar Md Nor had said the girl was found in a weak condition by the roadside and taken to hospital, where she was later reported to be stable.

He said initial investigations found no basis to claim that she had been dumped or abandoned as alleged on social media, as the girl had left home without her family’s permission.

Azuhar said she had then accepted a ride from an unidentified motorcyclist, who later left her by the roadside.

View the original on Malay Mail

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.