PunchC’River gov pledges support for SPAR fire victimsESPN DeportesCity saca una victoria de alarido en los últimos minutosוואלהגבר נפצע קשה באירוע ירי בתחנת דלק סמוך לקיסריהThe Jerusalem PostUK's proposed ban on Israeli settlement trade would breach int'l legal obligations, lawyers warnRTP DesportoGolfista Tomás Gouveia termina em 53.º no Challenger da FinlândiaESPNTakeaways from NFL preseason Week 2: QB questions linger for Browns, Cowboys, VikingsSky TG24Carburanti, tassa su extraprofitti energia. Schlein: “Procedere prima a livello nazionale”The GuardianManchester City 2-1 Bournemouth: Premier League – liveBBC NewsWatch: European Gymnastics Championships - men's team finalsNOS SportNorris wint laatste Formule 1-race in Zandvoort na snelle crash VerstappenIl Fatto QuotidianoF1, Gp Olanda: trionfa Norris con la McLaren, battuto Antonelli. Ferrari giù dal podio | Risultati e nuova classificaGuardian SportNewcastle United v Liverpool: Premier League – live
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Sunday, August 23, 2026

7.5M people affected by ‘habagat,’ tropical cyclones – NDRRMC

Translate

MANILA, Philippines — The number of people affected by the combined effects of tropical cyclones Luis, Maymay, Neneng, and the southwest monsoon (locally known as “habagat”) has climbed to 7.5 million, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said Sunday.

According to the latest NDRRMC situation report, as of Aug. 23, the affected individuals belong to a total of 2.1 million families in Ilocos Region, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon, Bicol Region, Western Visayas, Zamboanga Peninsula, Cordilleras, Metro Manila, Calabarzon, and Mimaropa.

READ: NDRRMC: Over 4M affected by three weather systems in PH

Article continues after this advertisement

Of the figure, 9,872 families, composed of 34,103 individuals, are residing in evacuation centers.

FEATURED STORIES

NEWSINFO

NEWSINFO

NEWSINFO

Meanwhile, the number of recorded deaths remains at 29, along with 19 injuries and three still missing.

A total of 89 areas also remain under a state of calamity.

READ: DSWD teams bracing for incoming storm

A total of 2,600 houses were recorded to have sustained partial damage because of the weather systems, while 269 were completely damaged.

Article continues after this advertisement

As for other infrastructure, the NDRRMC said damage has reached P4.9 billion, while agricultural damage is estimated to amount to P1.7 billion.

Meanwhile, the NDRRMC said a total of P1.24 billion worth of assistance has been released so far. /atm

View the original on Inquirer

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.