ESPNQB uncertainty for half the NFL next offseason? 16 situations to watch and possible outcomesInquirer Entertainment‘Dota o Ako’ singer Vanessa Blanca dies after accidental fallPunchAPC chieftain lauds Tunji-Ojo’s direct relief to Ondo flood victimsThe Jerusalem PostTurkey denies Israeli claims, says no troops were at Syrian airbase struck by IDFוואלהטורקיה: נמשיך לתמוך במאמצים של סוריה לפתח יכולות צבאיותDaily MaverickMotor racing-Verstappen commits to Red Bull until end of 2030Bollywood HungamaManoj Bajpayee to play Mahatma Gandhi in Sudhir Mishra directorial backed by Anubhav SinhaRTP DesportoMax Verstappen renova com a Red Bull até 2030 com o desejo de "voltar ao topo"ХабрЧто мешает корпоративным ИИ-проектам приносить результатInquirerBuCor chief orders armed personnel to keep guns out of children’s reachDeadlineEdinburgh Film Festival: Kieron J. Walsh’s ‘Skintown’ Wins Sean Connery Prize For Feature FilmmakingVanguard2027: Lagos APC declares readiness for Tinubu’s re-election campaign
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Thursday, August 20, 2026

Murder inquiry launched after woman dies and eight others injured in fire

Translate

A murder investigation is under way after a 48-year-old woman died and a further eight people were taken to hospital following a fire at a property in Hounslow early on Wednesday, the Metropolitan Police said.

Officers were called to a property on Berkeley Avenue at just after 1am following reports of a fire.

A woman died in hospital, while another woman, 40, remains in a life-threatening condition.

Police at the scene of the fire on Berkeley Avenue (Ben Whitley/PA)

PA Wire

Images from the scene show a light-coloured terraced house that had been blackened and damaged on the outside, with part of the upstairs eaves apparently melted.

Forensic officers and police were working on the residential road.

The force said six men and one woman who were taken to hospital have since been discharged with minor injuries.

Police said a murder inquiry is now under way, but no arrests have been made.

Detective chief inspector Neil John, who is leading the investigation, said: “Our thoughts are first and foremost with the victim’s family and loved ones at this extremely difficult time, as well as everyone who has been injured.

“Our enquiries are progressing at pace as we work to establish the full circumstances surrounding the fire, which we believe may have been started deliberately.

“We understand this to be an isolated incident within a residential address; however, we understand it will cause concern within the local community.”

View the original on Evening Standard

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.