The Jerusalem Post‘Battery is not protest’: US judge rejects defense in Israeli flag assault caseDaily MaverickPOWERING UP: Eskom’s three tenors sing a song of reindustrialisation under new pricing modelESPN Deportes¿Qué mexicanos están por definir su futuro en el extranjero?וואלהיותר מ-100 בני אדם נהרגו במפולת באתר כריית זהב ברפובליקה המרכז-אפריקאיתESPNFedEx Cup playoffs: Rickie Fowler among top names looking to advance to Tour ChampionshipRTP Desporto18h30 Aursnes de regresso aos convocados do BenficaBBC NewsCricket: Today at the Testn-tv"Muss auf meinen Körper hören": Star-Basketballerin Sabally verpasst WM in der HeimatstadtTagesschauTote bei israelischem Luftangriff auf Polizeiwache in GazaNOSFamilie vermoorde Lisa (17) bedankt Abcoude voor liefde en steunCBS NewsLindsay Clancy trial ends early "due to unforeseen circumstances"SRF NewsMentale Gesundheit – Einsamkeit bei Jugendlichen: Basel lanciert Hilfsangebot
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Mongolia apologises after China raises security concerns about protesters at oil camp

Translate

A senior Mongolian official has apologised after the Chinese embassy raised concern that Mongolians were “harassing the camp” of a Chinese-invested oil exploration company on Friday.

According to Mongolian media, protesters went to the Kherlen Tohoi XXVIII oil exploration area on August 14, attempted to halt exploration work by Mongolia Foison Energy and conducted a social media live stream.

Social media footage shows two women dumping items belonging to Chinese workers onto the ground.

02:58

How China’s energy structure cushions the blows of global oil crisis

Two Mongolian citizens involved in the incident have been detained, according to local authorities.

China’s chargé d’affaires Cao Li raised “serious concern” over the incident with B. Dashpurev, state secretary of Mongolia’s Ministry of Industry and Mineral Resources, during a meeting on Tuesday, according to the embassy.

“We urge the Mongolian side to continue taking concrete measures to protect the lawful rights and interests of Chinese enterprises and the personal and property safety of Chinese employees, and prevent similar incidents from happening again,” the embassy said in a statement.

According to the statement, Dashpurev apologised over the incident and said Mongolia would not tolerate interference with the lawful operations of Chinese companies.

Dashpurev described such acts as damaging to Mongolia’s national interests and economic security, adding that police had opened an investigation and that those involved had been detained, it said.

View the original on SCMP China

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.