PunchVIDEO: Woman alleges assault by tout demanding money on Lagos roadCNN Türk73 orman yangınına ilişkin adli işlem: 12 şüpheli tutuklandıThe Jerusalem PostHamas in talks with former Fatah rival Mohammed Dahlan ahead of Palestinian electionsESPNNew season, new haircut: Erling Haaland ditches iconic long hair for new seasonDaily MaverickSOCIAL NOURISHMENT: Child hunger drives Free State community to step in when school meals stop한겨레왜 근본적 질문을 하지 않는가? [세상읽기]VanguardAtiku is father of subsidy removal in Nigeria — Gbenga Olawepo-HashimUOLPor que alguns são mais propensos à depressão que outros?The Sydney Morning HeraldBest of cartoons, August 24, 2026RTL BoulevardKoning is op circuit Zandvoort waar hij prijs uitreiktThe GuardianHampshire v Yorkshire, Somerset v Essex, and more: county cricket day four – live20 Minuten3 Siege aus 4 Spielen – «Entlassung wäre absolutes Armutszeugnis»
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Sunday, August 23, 2026

KL Club VIP room turns into assault scene: Businessman charged after foreign woman alleges beating and gun threat

Translate
A 36-year-old businessman was charged on August 13, 2026 with assaulting a 28-year-old foreign woman at a VIP clubroom in Kuala Lumpur on August 4. — Picture by Choo Choy May

A 36-year-old businessman was charged on August 13, 2026 with assaulting a 28-year-old foreign woman at a VIP clubroom in Kuala Lumpur on August 4. — Picture by Choo Choy May

By Malay Mail

First Published: Sunday, 23 Aug 2026 11:49 AM MYT

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 23 — A 36-year-old businessman has been charged with assaulting a 28-year-old foreign woman at a Kuala Lumpur club earlier this month, after the case drew renewed calls for police to reopen the investigation.

Wangsa Maju district police chief Assistant Commissioner Annas Sulaiman said police referred the case to prosecutors on August 11, before the suspect was charged on August 13 under Section 323 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt, The Star reported today.

“The accused pleaded not guilty to the charge,” he was quoted as saying.

Annas said the victim lodged a police report on August 6, with the initial investigation conducted under Sections 323 and 506 of the Penal Code for voluntarily causing hurt and criminal intimidation.

The case resurfaced after Kepong MP Lim Lip Eng on Friday urged Bukit Aman to reopen the investigation into the alleged assault.

The woman claimed she was repeatedly punched in the head, left eye and stomach after being taken to a VIP room at a club on August 4 and telling one of the men there that she could not understand him.

She also alleged that a third man was later brought into the room and handed a gun to the main aggressor, who pointed it at her while threatening her.

The woman further claimed she was ordered to take a bag containing what she suspected were drugs out of the club but refused, before being allowed to leave about 9pm after her friend intervened.

View the original on Malay Mail

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.