ESPN DeportesDodgers busca hilar 4 triunfos por 1ra vez en casi un mesPunchSubsidy: Your reforms worsening hardship, Atiku lashes at TinubuThe Jerusalem PostPentagon fires editor-in-chief of US military newspaper, reportedly for opposing censorshipוואלהגבר נפצע בכביש סמוך לקרית גת - מצבו קשה한겨레“러 파병 북한군 8500명…푸틴, 5만명 추가 요청할 수도”UOL'Minha esperança está nos discos voadores', diz Lobão após desilusão com esquerda e direita bolsonaristaThe Sydney Morning HeraldSwans coach, captain grilled by journalistsGlobal NewsHorvath hitting highs for streaking B.C. LionsCBS NewsTrump says Iran "not ready to make the right deal" as U.S. turns to economic warfareNTVTürkiye'den Netanyahu için kırmızı bülten talebi매일경제배우 중단 8년 만의 복귀?…해리 왕자 부인 메건, ‘더 젠틀맨’ 시즌3 출연 논의Guardian SportAustralia v Bangladesh: second men’s Test, day one – live
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Saturday, August 22, 2026

US health department seeks public feedback on vaccine guidelines after Trump order

Translate

Public feedback opens on whether some vaccines should carry age limits or qualifications, as the US health department reviews federal recommendations.

22 Aug 2026 03:59AM (Updated: 22 Aug 2026 06:44AM)

WASHINGTON: The US health department said on Friday (Aug 21) it was seeking public feedback on federal vaccine recommendations, including how they are categorised and communicated, after President Donald Trump's executive order calling for fewer childhood ​vaccinations.

The Department of Health and Human Services has posted a notice asking for comments on possible revamped categories, such as whether some vaccines should be recommended but not during infancy, or recommended with qualifications. 

It has also sought guidance on how recommendations should address timing and sequencing, including whether vaccines could be given within broader age windows or at separate visits.

Members of the public, including parents, doctors and health officials, have until Sep 20 to submit their comments to the health department.

Trump signed an executive order earlier this month to limit the inoculation schedule to 11 immunisations, saying it would give US children "gold-standard" protection, and directed officials to review the timing and sequencing of vaccinations.

The ‌order advances a long-standing goal of Health Secretary Robert F Kennedy Jr, an anti-vaccine activist who has promoted a link between vaccines and autism that scientists have repeatedly debunked.

Currently, vaccines are categorised as routine for everyone, risk-based for specific groups, or left to shared decision-making between patients and doctors.

HHS is specifically seeking feedback on shared decision-making, including its potential risks such as confusion among patients and doctors, lower vaccination rates and added time for clinicians.

The agency noted that public trust in federal health authorities fell during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. It cited concerns that some past recommendation processes were seen as rushed or overconfident, which hurt the overall credibility of the vaccine system.

The department said the feedback would help inform its consideration of whether the current framework adequately supports scientific rigor, informed choice and public trust.

View the original on Channel News Asia

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.