ESPN DeportesDodgers busca hilar 4 triunfos por 1ra vez en casi un mesPunchSubsidy: Your reforms worsening hardship, Atiku lashes at TinubuThe Jerusalem PostPentagon fires editor-in-chief of US military newspaper, reportedly for opposing censorshipוואלהגבר נפצע בכביש סמוך לקרית גת - מצבו קשה한겨레“러 파병 북한군 8500명…푸틴, 5만명 추가 요청할 수도”UOL'Minha esperança está nos discos voadores', diz Lobão após desilusão com esquerda e direita bolsonaristaThe Sydney Morning HeraldSwans coach, captain grilled by journalistsGlobal NewsHorvath hitting highs for streaking B.C. LionsCBS NewsTrump says Iran "not ready to make the right deal" as U.S. turns to economic warfareNTVTürkiye'den Netanyahu için kırmızı bülten talebi매일경제배우 중단 8년 만의 복귀?…해리 왕자 부인 메건, ‘더 젠틀맨’ 시즌3 출연 논의Guardian SportAustralia v Bangladesh: second men’s Test, day one – live
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Saturday, August 22, 2026

Man injured in drive-by shooting at well-known Haddara hangout

Translate

A man was injured overnight in a drive-by shooting at a cafe in Melbourne’s west that is a well-known hangout for the Haddara crime family and their associates, according to a police source.

Police are investigating Friday night’s non-fatal shooting, which happened about 7.15pm in Borrack Square in Altona North.

The victim, who is yet to be identified, was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. A police source with close knowledge of the situation, but unable to speak publicly, said the wounded man was also shot on a previous occasion.

Police are now investigating whether the shooting is linked to last week’s shooting of gangland boss Fadi Haddara, which happened nearby.

No arrests have been made over Haddara’s shooting, and police were told the offender or offenders left the scene in a vehicle.

Haddara, 48, was found lying in a pool of blood by a family member next to a parked car in his driveway in Marigold Avenue, near Millers Road, before 8pm on Sunday.

Fadi Haddara, pictured in 2024, was shot outside his home on Sunday night.Jason South

Police said that attack was targeted and are on alert for retaliatory attacks, but are keeping an open mind about the shooting’s connection to Melbourne’s illicit tobacco war.

On May 12, shots were fired into a tobacco store in Borrack Square just after 5.30pm. A 49-year-old man was shot twice in the arm and taken to a hospital, and police suspected the shooting was linked to the tobacco war.

View the original on The Sydney Morning Herald

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.