Over 790 residents evacuated in Quezon City as monsoon rain persists


MANILA, Philippines — At least 791 people from 263 families had been evacuated to designated shelters in Quezon City as of 3 p.m. Monday as rains from the southwest monsoon continued to affect the city.
The Quezon City government said the evacuees were staying in 16 evacuation centers across 15 barangays as a precaution against flooding and possible landslides.
The latest evacuation update covered four city districts and listed the following evacuation sites:
Article continues after this advertisement
District 1: San Jose Covered Court in San Antonio — 12 families, 55 individuals; San Pedro Bautista Church Social Hall in Damayan — 18 families, 77 individuals
FEATURED STORIES
NEWSINFO
NEWSINFO
NEWSINFO
District 3: 3rd Floor, Barangay Hall in Amihan — 5 families; Barangay Hall in Quirino 2A — 125 families, 300 individuals; Dok G Headquarters in East Kamias; Bagumbayan Fire Station in Bagumbayan — 8 families, 24 individuals
District 4: Barangay Covered Court in South Triangle — 23 families, 67 individuals; Roxas Gymnasium in Roxas — 12 families, 33 individuals; Scalabrini Korean Martyrs, Mt. Carmel Shrine in Damayang Lagi; Barangay Covered Court, Peoples Park and Light House Baptist Church in Tatalon; Rillo Hall in Kristong Hari — 6 families, 23 individuals; 2nd Floor, Barangay Hall in Kalusugan — 3 families, 7 individuals; BDRRMO Building Zone A and Function Hall Zone B in Dona Imelda — 18 families, 77 individuals; Barangay Hall in Botocan — 6 families, 23 individuals
District 6: Casanova Multipurpose Hall in Culiat — 27 families, 105 individuals
The city government said it designated the evacuation sites in selected areas prone to flooding or threatened by landslides to facilitate the safe and rapid evacuation of residents.
Article continues after this advertisement
READ: LIST: Flooded areas in Metro Manila on Monday as habagat persists
For emergencies, residents may call the Quezon City Helpline at 122.
Article continues after this advertisement
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration said the southwest monsoon was expected to continue affecting Luzon and parts of the Visayas for the next five days, with Metro Manila among the areas forecast to receive 50 to 100 millimeters of rainfall on Tuesday.
READ: Habagat may still bring heavy rains in 4 provinces till Tuesday (Aug. 11)
Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.
The state weather bureau warned that rainfall could be higher in mountainous and elevated areas and that the effects in some areas could be worsened by significant antecedent rainfall. /mcm
KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.