ESPNBruins, Oilers each get pair of Germany gamesThe Jerusalem PostIsraeli man missing in Japan for over three weeks, authorities seek public's assistance in searchPunchNDLEA discovers fentanyl chemical in Ogun meth laboratory, arrests 10ESPN DeportesPrevia gigante de Premier League 2026-27: análisis equipo por equipoRTP DesportoPortugal estreia-se no Comité Executivo dos Jogos do MediterrâneoBollywood HungamaBhagyashri Borse NOT starring opposite Aditya Roy Kapur in Milap Zaveri film; T-Series confirmsוואלההחות'ים טוענים: תקפנו יעד "רגיש" בסעודיה ומתקני ארמקוDaily MaverickGROUNDUP: Families living in Joburg stadium trapped among rubbish and ratsBillboard‘Weird Al’ Yankovic Rocks NPR’s Tiny Desk With All-Parodies Set: ‘We Did So Great They Invited Us Back 16 Years Later!’Screen RantThe Walking Dead's Steven Yeun Returns To Supernatural Thrillers For New Netflix SeriesSBS 뉴스"사후 상의, 반발 불러"…"비거주 예외 일부 확대"TagesschauWest-Nil-Virus: 157 Fälle in Griechenland gemeldet
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Thursday, August 20, 2026

Police confirm killing of 60-year-old man by suspected hoodlums in Osun

Translate

MTN ADVERT

The Police Command in Osun State has confirmed the killing of a 60-year-old man, Tajudeen Yusuf, by suspected hoodlums on Wednesday in Osogbo.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Abiodun Ojelabi, a deputy superintendent of police, confirmed the incident in a statement on Wednesday.

Mr Ojelabi said the incident occurred around the Ita-Olokan area of Osogbo, the Osun State capital, at about 4 p.m., shortly after Governor Ademola Adeleke visited the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Olanipekun, at his palace.

He said preliminary investigation revealed that Mr Adeleke, accompanied by his Afrobeats singer nephew, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, had earlier paid a courtesy visit to the traditional ruler.

“Immediately after the visit, one Adebayo Taoreed, popularly known as ‘Small Rugged’, an ex-convict, cultist and suspected notorious thug, attempted to gain access to Davido but was resisted by members of his security team.

PT WHATSAPP CHANNEL

“The ensuing confrontation reportedly attracted other suspected gang members in the vicinity.

“The suspects temporarily blocked the entrance to the palace and obstructed movement before the governor’s convoy eventually left the area safely.

“Shortly afterwards, the suspected gang members reportedly departed the vicinity, and while on their way, they allegedly shot the victim dead,” he said.

Mr Ojelabi said a police patrol team was mobilised to the scene, where the victim was found lying in a pool of blood.

He said the victim was rushed to the University Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, where he was pronounced dead.

The police spokesperson said the command had commenced a full-scale investigation into the incident and intensified efforts to identify, apprehend and bring the fleeing suspects to justice.

He said the Commissioner of Police, Samuel Etaifo, condemned the act and assured the public that the command would deploy all available resources to apprehend those responsible.

READ ALSO: Police arrest suspected armed robber, recover gun, ammunition

Mr Etaifo urged anyone with useful information that could assist the investigation to approach the nearest police station or contact the command through its official channels.

Osun has seen a wave of violence, including killings in different parts of the state, in the build-up to the last governorship election held on Saturday (15 August).

Although the latest killing may not be directly linked to the just concluded election, it mirrors the proliferation of arms, ammunition and thuggery that characterised the electoral cycle for months.

View the original on Premium Times

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.