וואלהגורם המצוי בפרטים לוואלה: הפלסטינים לוחצים על הממשל לאפשר את כניסת אבו מאזן לעצרת האו"םESPNBest shots and highlights from the first roundDaily MaverickMADLANGA COMMISSION: Fadiel Adams reveals links to André Lincoln, Brown Mogotsi and Feroz KhanESPN DeportesRonaldinho, presentado en su nuevo club con 46 añosThe Jerusalem PostDRC set to receive 70,000 Ebola vaccines, not approved for current strain, WHO saysThe Hollywood ReporterL.A. Mayoral Candidate Nithya Raman Says Legality of Paramount-Warner Bros. Merger “Should Be Decided in Court”سكاي نيوز عربيةبعد تدهور صحته.. نقل عمران خان من السجن للمستشفىSoompi“Dream To You” Says Goodbye With Adorable Behind-The-Scenes PhotosPremium TimesFederal govt to inaugurate 1,600-capacity hostel in Akwa Ibom varsityRFI 中文恒大曾经辉煌 许家印黄粱一梦TechCrunchOpenAI is gaining on Anthropic with business users, new data indicatesCBS NewsWoman accused of plotting "major attack" on New York State Capitol building
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Thursday, August 20, 2026

US planning to block Abbas from addressing UN next month, sources tell 'Post'

Translate

The United States plans to bar Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas from traveling to New York City in September to address the United Nations General Assembly, a source told The Jerusalem Post

Last year, the US denied the visas to Abbas and members of the PA's delegation to attend the assembly.

The source told the Post that PA leaders are trying in every way to reverse the US's decision. The person with knowledge added that Abbas reportedly asked Turkey for help to convince the US to reverse the decision. 

View the original on The Jerusalem Post

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.