וואלהנקבע מותו של גבר כבן 31 שנפצע באירוע אלימות בעראבהInquirerMimaropa cops, responders rescue 12 teachers stranded by rising riverDaily MaverickWHAT WE’RE WATCHING: The Invite: Olivia Wilde invites you to a sharp, awkward dinner-party satirePunchChampions Arsenal embrace being ‘hunted’ as Premier League returnsThe Jerusalem PostPentagon spokesperson says claims of US munitions shortage amid Iran war 'false' - reportESPN DeportesReal Oviedo: Jabalíes entran y destrozan canchasESPNToo grand: DeGrom 2nd fastest to 2K strikeouts한겨레‘불법 정치자금 수수’ 노웅래 2심도 무죄…‘위법 증거수집’ 판단 유지Sözcüİstanbul'da toplu taşımada turistlere yankesicilik yapan 20 şüpheli yakalandıSky TG24Morte Maradona, giallo sugli esami medici: "Erano del padre". Processo sospesoThe South AfricanRassie reveals Boks’ new Haka mindset, calls on Ellis Park crowd to embrace ritualTVN24Dariusz Korneluk o Marcinie Romanowskim: mówiąc kolokwialnie, jest zbiegiem
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Friday, August 21, 2026

Three rescued as thugs attack Bauchi community

Translate
Three rescued as thugs attack Bauchi community

Bauchi Commissioner of Police, Sani-Omolori Aliyu. Photo: NPF

The Bauchi State Police Command has said it arrested two suspected members of a gang over alleged criminal conspiracy, assault and thuggery in Bununu town, Tafawa Balewa Local Government Area of the state.

The command also disclosed that it arrested another suspect in connection with an alleged case of criminal conspiracy, house trespass, armed robbery and act causing grievous hurt in Dambam Local Government Area.

The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Nafiu Habib, disclosed this in a statement made available to journalists on Monday.

Habib said the Bununu incident occurred on August 17, 2026, when police operatives on routine patrol sighted a group of hoodlums attacking three residents.

He explained that the victims, aged 30, 31 and 28, sustained injuries to their heads and other parts of their bodies.

He stated, “Following the timely intervention of the police patrol team, two of the attackers were arrested. They were identified as Ibrahim Hassan, 23, and Bilal Hassan, 22, both of Bununu Town.

“The other members of the gang fled the scene,” the statement read.

According to the PPRO, the police recovered a sharp knife and a sharp-edged animal horn, locally known as kaho, from the suspects.

He added that the suspects confessed to the crime during interrogation, while the injured victims were evacuated to the General Hospital, Bununu, where they received treatment and were in stable condition.

Habib said normalcy had returned to the community, noting that additional personnel had been deployed to the area to sustain the monitoring and forestall of any breakdown of law and order.

In another development, in Dambam, the PPRO said a 30-year-old resident of Luchambi Village, Gargawa District, reported at the Police Divisional Headquarters, Dambam, that three armed men broke into his residence at about 2am on August 8, 2026, allegedly intending to rob him.

He said the hoodlums inflicted an injury on the hand of the complainant’s five-year-old daughter before fleeing without stealing anything after the victim raised the alarm, which attracted neighbours.

“Acting on credible information, a team of police operatives swung into action. On 16th August 2026 at about 1800hrs, the complainant identified one of the suspects as Abdullahi Ahmed, a 25-year-old male, of Lamba Village, Dagauda District, Dambam LGA. He was promptly arrested,” Habib stated.

He said Ahmed confessed to the crime during interrogation and named two other accomplices, identified as Idi and Bappayo, whose other names were unknown.

According to him, the two accomplices, both from Potiskum, Yobe State, remained at large as the police continue efforts to apprehend them.

Habib said the case has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Bauchi, for discreet investigation and prosecution.

He highlighted that the Commissioner of Police, Sani-Omolori Aliyu, has ordered thorough investigations into the cases, with a view to charging the suspects to court.

According to the PPRO, the commissioner warned that the command would not tolerate acts of thuggery, hooliganism or any violent conduct capable of threatening public peace.

Thus, the command urged members of the public to remain vigilant and report suspicious activities to the nearest police formation.

View the original on Punch

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.