11-year-old boy swept away by floodwaters in Mabini, Batangas


LUCENA CITY — An 11-year-old boy had been swept into a canal by strong floodwaters at the height of heavy rains in Mabini, Batangas, on Tuesday and is missing, police said Wednesday.
The Calabarzon police identified the missing boy as “Terenz,” a resident of Barangay San Jose.
READ: Habagat to prevail but Neneng won’t directly affect PH, says Pagasa
Article continues after this advertisement
Police said Terenz was playing with his friends along a flooded street when a strong current carried him off into a canal in Barangay Anilao East at around 5:20 p.m.
FEATURED STORIES
NEWSINFO
NEWSINFO
NEWSINFO
The strong current then swept him away.
A search-and-rescue operation was immediately launched to locate and recover the boy, police said./coa
KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.