וואלהקטאר: "ההזמנה למשלחת איראנית לבקר בנושא הטייסים עדיין פתוחה"ESPN DeportesRodri aterriza en Barcelona para concretar el fichaje "soñado"ESPNPreseason AP poll reaction: What's next for each Top 25 teamThe Jerusalem PostKushner: US will back Israeli resumption of war if Hamas fails to honor disarmament commitmentsDaily MaverickMicrodramas boom in a shrinking Hollywood as studios chase a TikTok audienceRTP Desporto12h30m saída de Mora não é consensual, Circati alvo do BenficaIl Fatto Quotidiano“Basta con i rifugi di lusso, qui non c’è sauna né piatti gourmet o champagne. Abbiamo tagliato 20 posti letto e a tavola si mangerà tutti insieme”: la trasformazione del rifugio SesvennaABC NewsWATCH: Skydiving couple gets married in midairGlobal NewsChatGPT for teens? Here’s what OpenAI is proposingCNN بالعربيةأزمة مياه في أمريكا.. منسوب ثاني أكبر خزان يهبط إلى مستوى قياسي مقلقNTVİBB davasında savcının tutuklama istemine retRapplerLIST: Cases of school violence in the Philippines in 2026
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Demolition of Tumbler Ridge Secondary School is now underway

Translate

Posted August 17, 2026 8:01 pm

1 min read

Click to play video: 'Tumbler Ridge documents reveal school shooter was ‘obsessed’ with guns'

Tumbler Ridge documents reveal school shooter was ‘obsessed’ with guns

Hundreds of pages of court documents detailing what happened during the Tumbler Ridge mass shooting on Feb. 10 have finally been released. But as Rumina Daya reports, there are still so many questions left unanswered, as many parts of the documents are redacted. 

The demolition of Tumbler Ridge Secondary School is underway.

Crews began removing the building’s exterior on Monday and photos from the scene show some walls torn off and rubble on the ground.

The Peace River South School District said the demolition is expected to take weeks. Once the structure is removed, work will continue through the fall to restore the site to grass.

The province has pledged to build a new school in the community in a different location and Premier David Eby said in May that students cannot return to the building where such a devastating tragedy took place.

Students will be attending classes in temporary portable classrooms until a new school is built in a different location.

The demolition of Tumbler Ridge Secondary School began on Monday. Submitted to Global News

Click to play video: 'Reaction to the Tumbler Ridge documents release'

Reaction to the Tumbler Ridge documents release

Five children and an educator were killed when 18-year-old Jesse Van Rootselaar opened fire at the school in northeastern B.C. on Feb. 10. Before the school shooting, Rootselaar killed their mother and half-brother at their home. Van Rootselaar died at the school from a self-inflicted gunshot injury.

Story continues below advertisement

Last week, hundreds of pages of court documents detailing what happened during the shooting were finally released.

Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you'll never miss the day's top stories.

Get daily National news

Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you'll never miss the day's top stories.

Media outlets from across the country fought for transparency on behalf of the victims’ families, the community of Tumbler Ridge and the nation.

The files reveal chilling new details about the killer, but a lot of information is still being withheld from the public.

A sworn police document known as an ITO, written by RCMP Const. Jonathan Paquin, confirms: “Jesse had mental health problems and was fascinated by firearms.”

View the original on Global News

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.