ESPNDeMarcus Ware on Von Miller to Cowboys: 'This is all he wanted'Daily MaverickBHEKISISA: A rural mother’s 30-year journey of caring for a son with cerebral palsyThe Jerusalem PostIDF confirms soldiers numbered Palestinian suspects in West Bank op., says 'lessons were drawn'וואלהשריפה פרצה באתר פסולת סמוך ליישוב יערה - לוחמי האש פועלים בזירהInquirer EntertainmentRuby Ruiz, Pokwang tie for Best Actress at Cinemalaya 2026ABC NewsIran live updates: Trump posts map labeling Strait of Hormuz 'new’ US territoryХабрПочему в Chrome маленькие JPEG выглядят иначеThe GuardianBurnham confirms West Midlands to take public control of local bus network – UK politics liveNOSSchadelijke Japanse kever gevonden, NVWA waarschuwt vakantiegangers voor 'meeliften'SRF NewsKunstturn-EM in Zagreb – Schweizer träumen nach Silber-Coup 2025 erneut gross01netVente flash en cours sur ce mini PC ultra-puissant : Intel Core i9, RAM 24 Go, SSD 1 ToWirtualna PolskaTrump publikuje mapę. "Nowe terytorium USA"
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Minister ensures disaster funds ready for NTT earthquake

Translate
there should be no problem. There is a special reserve for disasters ...

Jakarta (ANTARA) - Indonesia’s Finance Minister Purbaya Yudhi Sadewa said the funding for disaster response in East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) would initially come from the budget allocated to the National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB).

"We usually use funds from the BNPB that we have already set aside. There is still around Rp5 trillion (about US$280 million), if I am not mistaken. Some may have been used, but there should still be enough," Sadewa told reporters in Jakarta on Monday.

He said the disaster response would be carried out in stages, starting with emergency measures funded through BNPB. If funding needs an increase, the government would adjust the budget support to ensure the response could continue.

"For disasters, we use BNPB funds first. If that is not enough, then we move on to reconstruction. So, there should be no problem. There is a special reserve for disasters," Sadewa said.

The government also has standby funds that can be released based on the needs on the ground.

Related news: Indonesia targets Rp2,908 trillion from tax, customs, excise in 2027

"The funds are on call and ready for every disaster response," he said.

Financing would be provided based on the needs of the disaster response and coordinated agencies in the government.

Reconstruction of public facilities, which cannot be financed through BNPB, would require coordination with the relevant ministries and government agencies, he explained.

"We will adjust it according to the needs; but for public facilities that cannot be funded through BNPB, the coordination then would be necessarily conducted with relevant ministries or agencies," Sadewa said.

A magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck Nagekeo District in East Nusa Tenggara on Saturday at 5:58 a.m. local time. As of Sunday evening, BNPB reported 54 people had died, 199 were injured, 9,963 had been displaced, and 1,528 households had been affected.

Related news: Finance Ministry tightens oversight of free meal program

Translator: Imamatul Silfia, Kuntum Khaira
Editor: Fransiska Ninditya
Copyright © ANTARA 2026

View the original on Antara News

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.