ESPN DeportesRafa Márquez debutará como seleccionador ante 50 mil personasDaily MaverickCLIMATE LITIGATION: #CancelCoal court battle threatens future of young South Africans, say activistsוואלהאשדוד: נער בן 17 מת בבית החולים; המשטרה פתחה בחקירהRTP DesportoDiego Moreira contratado pelo AC Milan, de Ruben Amorim, ao EstrasburgoThe Register'Not a theoretical risk,' feds warn as attackers use AI-made code to hack critical infrastructure controllersBillboardThese Limited-Edition KATSEYE Press-Ons Nail the 3D Artwork TrendThe Jerusalem PostNetanyahu may reserve a Likud spot for son Yair, former prime minister's spox. Hefetz predictsThe VergeDoes giving a camera wings dodge the FCC’s drone ban?الشرقترمب: الكثير من النفط يعبر هرمز.. ومسؤولان: ممر سريNTVİstanbul Adalar'da peş peşe depremlerBBC NewsTongue & Robinson cut Headingley ball in halfESPNTransfer rumors, news: Napoli eye moves for Zirkzee, Jackson
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Harry and Meghan to move back to the UK

Translate

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are understood to be planning to move their family back to the UK.

Harry and Meghan are planning to leave the US later this month and move to a private, non-royal residence close to London, according to The Daily Telegraph.

The couple’s children Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, are set to start at a British school in September, the newspaper reported.

The King was made aware on Sunday that the Duke and Duchess plan to return to live in the UK, and is said to welcome the opportunity to see more of the family in a personal capacity, but there will be no change in their status as private individuals.

They are not being offered a “half-in-half-out” option when it comes to their roles.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are planning to move back to the UK

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are planning to move back to the UK (PA)

The couple moved to the United States in January 2020 after they stepped down as senior royals.

Tensions within the House of Windsor have heightened ever since the move, which allowed them to pursue lucrative media deals.

Those relations reached a new low after Harry published an explosive memoir that included unflattering depictions of the royal family and damning allegations of a toxic relationship between the monarchy and the press.

King Charles hosted Harry and met with his family in July for the first time in years.

They had been estranged for some time, particularly after Harry’s public criticisms of his father, stepmother Camilla, brother the Prince of Wales, and sister-in-law Kate, expressed in his Oprah interview, Netflix documentary, various interviews, and his autobiography Spare, following his departure from the working monarchy six years ago.

Harry’s visit last month also coincided with him losing his final lawsuit as a judge ruled that he failed to prove his privacy invasion claims against the publisher of the Daily Mail.

His legal battles have been a source of friction with his family, however.

Harry has said he wants to reconcile with his 77-year-old father, who is being treated for an undisclosed form of cancer.

The Independent have contacted a representative of the Duke and Duchess for comment.

View the original on The Independent

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.