וואלההתפרצות האבולה ברפובליקה הדמוקרטית של קונגו גבתה את חייהם של 2,325 בני אדםESPN DeportesAmérica golea a San Luis con gol de Diego ArriagaPunchRivers reconciliation: Wike allies, Fubara camp close ranksThe Jerusalem PostRapper ‘The Shadow’ removed as police volunteer amid investigationCNN Türk17 AĞUSTOS AKARYAKIT FİYATLARI: Benzin, motorin, LPG, akaryakıt fiyatları ne kadar? İstanbul, Ankara, İzmir akaryakıt fiyatlarında son durum...ESPNPitcher, surgery pioneer Tommy John dies at 83한겨레구글, 2분기 한국어 유튜브 채널 449개 폐쇄…“비정상적 활동 패턴”UOLDefensorias lançam fórum para atuar no Congresso, mirando orçamento e espaço nos tribunaisCBS NewsCBS News poll on whether Democrats split over socialismInfobaeKeiko Fujimori sobre simulacro de terremoto de 8,8: “Las cifras que me tocó leer, la verdad, eran terribles”El Comercio▷ Canales TV que transmiten Xolos de Tijuana vs. Cruz Azul EN VIVO EN DIRECTO por la Liga MX 2026New Straits TimesYen edges up as traders push back Fed rate hike bets
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Monday, August 17, 2026

School in Loei suspends classes after shooting threat

Translate

On-site classes suspended, as school plans meeting with student’s parents

Executives of the state-run Loei Pittayakom School in Loei province met with police, parents and representatives of relevant agencies on Friday to discuss preventive measures following online chat messages in which a high-school student allegedly told a friend that he was preparing to carry out a shooting at the school. (Photo: Loei Pittayakom School)
Executives of the state-run Loei Pittayakom School in Loei province met with police, parents and representatives of relevant agencies on Friday to discuss preventive measures following online chat messages in which a high-school student allegedly told a friend that he was preparing to carry out a shooting at the school. (Photo: Loei Pittayakom School)

Loei Pittayakom School in Loei province suspended on-site classes on Friday after discovering online chat messages in which a Matthayom Suksa 2 (Grade 8) student allegedly told a friend that he was planning to carry out a shooting at the school, reportedly inspired by the Aug 7 attack near Bangkok.

The co-educational secondary school in the Northeast notified parents via its Line group late on Thursday night that classes would be held online for one day, while teachers and staff would work from home until the situation had returned to normal.

Local reporters visited the school in tambon Kudpong of Muang district on Friday morning and found it unusually quiet, with school administrators overseeing security at the entrance.

A school administrator said a friend of the eighth-grade student alerted a teacher on Thursday evening to social media messages indicating that the student was allegedly preparing to carry out a shooting attack.

For safety reasons, the school suspended on-site classes. Muang district chief Pracha Saenklang and police were scheduled to meet with school executives and teachers to discuss preventive measures against a possible shooting.

According to the administrator, the student had been disciplined about two months ago for bringing a realistic-looking toy gun to school and playing with it with friends. The student was also found to have an interest in firearms. School executives and teachers planned to meet with the student and his parents to ensure closer supervision.

Manager Online reported that the student had recently posted photographs of a real firearm being cleaned, as well as images showing him pointing the gun at his temple and lying beside the weapon on a bed.

In an announcement issued on its Facebook page on Friday, the school said it would conduct classes online for one day as a precaution in response to the situation reported on social media. It also said that security measures on the premises had been strengthened and that it was closely coordinating with relevant authorities and partner agencies.

An aerial view of Loei Pittayakom School in Muang district, Loei province. (Photo: Loei Pittayakom School)

An aerial view of Loei Pittayakom School in Muang district, Loei province. (Photo: Loei Pittayakom School)

The government has ordered schools nationwide to tighten security following the Aug 7 attack at Debsirin Nonthaburi School in Nonthaburi province, in which a 14-year-old allegedly killed his grandparents, five school staff members and a student before taking his own life. Dozens of others were injured.

In the wake of the attack, Prime Minister and Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul ordered the Ministry of Interior and police to stop issuing licences to possess, purchase and carry firearms.

View the original on Bangkok Post

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.