CNN TürkOVP MESAİSİ! Ekonominin 3 yıllık yol haritası belirlenecekInquirerLocal game developers oppose Roblox ban; want targeted measuresBollywood HungamaKartik Aaryan undergoes successful knee surgery after on-set injuryוואלהרוכב אופנוע בן 18 פונה במצב קשה בעקבות תאונה עם רכב בירושליםRTP DesportoAgate de Sousa ‘vice’ no comprimento na etapa da Silésia da Liga DiamanteESPN Deportes¿Cómo le fue a Checo Pérez en clasificación para GP de Países Bajos?ESPN🏀 Grading the Thompson and DeRozan signingsThe Jerusalem PostLebanon weighs extraditing former Palestinian envoy accused of corruptionPunchCarrick refuses to panic after Man United’s 2-0 Hull City defeatNumeramaGemini gratuit, ChatGPT avec des pubs et GTA 6 en fuite sur PC – le récap’ tech de la semaineNational PostCarson Jerema: Mark Carney’s path from here is surprisingly obviousHindustan Times SportHockey Worlds: India close to exit after 1-3 loss to Netherlands
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Saturday, August 22, 2026

Defense officials say IDF soldiers left without support in West Bank while world watches - report

Translate

Multiple defense officials sharply criticized the way IDF soldiers are left to deal with settler extremists in the West Bank, claiming that soldiers are often left to handle incidents of settler violence without support and sometimes without the appropriate tools, KAN News reported on Friday. 

The officials said that global attention to the West Bank causes serious diplomatic damage to Israel, and that without enforcement by the police and other state authorities, the incidents are wearing down IDF forces on the ground as well as diverting them from fighting terrorism and protecting residents of the area.  

Earlier on Friday, IDF soldiers were dispatched to the town of Sa'ir, near Hebron, after a security coordinator opened fire on a young adult between 17 and 18-years-old, killing him, KAN News wrote. 

The security official stated that he believed his life to be in danger.

Smoke rises from a West Bank Palestinian village, after Jewish settlers allegedly set fire to a home in it, August 21, 2026.
Smoke rises from a West Bank Palestinian village, after Jewish settlers allegedly set fire to a home in it, August 21, 2026. (credit: SECTION 27A COPYRIGHT ACT)

Clashes in Sa'ir area kill Palestinian teenager 

The IDF said that Israeli civilians had gone into the area, which is designated as Area B, without authorization and were attacked by Palestinians throwing stones.

The IDF stated that Israeli civilians were injured as a result of the rocks thrown and that there were Palestinian casualties as a result of the shooting.

Following the attack, Israeli settlers started a fire in one of the village's homes, according to Army Radio, with a 65-year-old Palestinian evacuated due to smoke inhalation.

Army Radio noted that the Palestinian village is located several hundred meters from an illegal settler outpost.

View the original on The Jerusalem Post

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.