Daily MaverickUS debt crosses $40 trillion threshold after doubling under Trump and BidenESPN DeportesNueve entradas no bastan para Dodgers y Rockies, extra innings en Coors FieldPunchIsese Day: Lagos, Ogun, Oyo declare Thursday work-freeוואלהפולין: חיל האוויר העלה כוננות עקב התקיפות הרוסיות בקייבInquirer Entertainment‪Soft launch? Magui Ford gives glimpse of rumored romance with Robbie JaworskiSözcüBaba kız İmralı’ya kadar sürüklendi, tam umudu kestikleri anda...UOLElenco de 'Emergência 53' celebra estreia da série em festa em São PauloThe Jerusalem Post'They betrayed him': Former CIA informant who provided intelligence on bin Laden faces deportationDaily MailSussexes 'already have a house lined up to live in... and it's not a Royal residence'SBS 뉴스[속보] 안규백 "북 핵무기, 보통 80∼120개로 봐…정확한 수치 언급 제한"الشرقنبيل فهمي يُحذر من تداعيات اعتراف كولومبيا بسيادة إسرائيل على الجولانBBC 中文台灣為何此刻提出「鞭刑入法」公投?
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Thursday, August 20, 2026

PTFoMS to establish media monitoring centers for BARMM polls

Translate
Journalists in Northern Mindanao cast their votes in a mock poll for the September 14 historic Bangsamoro parliamentary elections as part of the media safety and orientation seminar from Aug. 19 to 21 in Cagayan de Oro City. — Photo by Richel Umel

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY — With less than a month before the historic Sept. 14 Bangsamoro parliamentary elections, the Presidential Task Force on Media Security (PTFoMS) was directed to establish a media monitoring center (MMC) in the cities of Cotabato and Marawi.

Undersecretary Jose Torres Jr., PTFOMS executive director, said Executive Secretary Ralph Recto issued the order to establish the MMC “to look and ensure the safety and welfare of journalists covering the first parliamentary elections in the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM).

“Media safety cannot be achieved by one institution alone. It requires collaboration, clear communication,  and a shared commitment to protecting journalist as they perform their duty to inform the public,” Torres quoted Recto as saying.

Article continues after this advertisement

READ: BARMM polls to proceed Sept. 14 despite official’s ambush — Palace

FEATURED STORIES

NEWSINFO

NEWSINFO

NEWSINFO

Torres told the Inquirer his office had already coordinated with 103rd Infantry “Haribon” Brigade, based in Marawi City, for the establishment of the MMC there.

Army Maj. Candidato Paduman, 103rd IB Civil Military Operations officer, said they are still arranging things regarding the media monitoring center.

Mohd Asnin Pendatun, BARMM spokesperson, said the regional government is all set for the conduct of the first Bangsamoro parliamentary elections.

He called on BARMM voters to go out and cast their votes.

Article continues after this advertisement

At least 30 journalists from Northern Mindanao gathered here starting Wednesday for a three-day safety training and orientation for the BARMM elections.

The training workshop is organized by the Cagayan de Oro Press Club Journalism Institute in partnership with the PTFOMS, the Office of the Presidential Adviser on Peace, Reconciliation and Unity (OPAPRU), the Army’s 4th Infantry Division, Smart Communications, and Germany’s Hanns Seidel Foundation. /das

View the original on Inquirer

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.