ESPN DeportesResponder la ofensiva de Tigers y rompe racha de tres derrotasESPNWhich NFL teams are in the best shape for the next three seasons? 1-32 projections for 2027-29PunchPolice impound five Air Peace vehicles over runway blockadeThe Jerusalem PostUK Prime Minister Burnham messaged someone posing as White House chief of staff - reportוואלהנשיא קולומביה: ההפסדים הכלכליים מרעידת אדמה מוערכים בכ-9.58 מיליארד דולר한겨레제조업 현장 문제, 울산대 산업 인공지능전환 대학원서 푼다Daily MaverickTrump says Iran won’t make deal he thinks is needed, threatens to bomb OmanInquirerPolice probe shooting inside Ateneo de Zamboanga campusSözcüTrump'tan çok konuşulacak Hürmüz sözleri: ABD toprağı ilan etme fikri hoşuma gidiyorUOLJoão Fonseca alega dores e desiste do Masters 1000 de CincinattiThe Sydney Morning HeraldChild stars are thrown into fame and riches. The spotlight can be deadlySportstarJeannie Buss to fight sale of stake in Los Angeles Lakers to Bob Iger and Joshua Kushner — reports
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Alan Jones trial live updates: ‘Complainant C’ returns for further cross-examination as alleged indecent assault, sexual touching trial continues

Translate

Hello and welcome to our live coverage of day 10 of Alan Jones’ criminal trial on charges of indecent assault and sexual touching. My colleague Perry Duffin will be bringing you the latest from the courtroom today.

The NSW Local Court in Sydney’s historic Downing Centre court building will hear further evidence from complainant “C”, the second of six men who have accused the former 2GB host of unwanted touching and kissing over a 20-year period.

Alan Jones outside the Downing Centre Local Court on Monday.KATE GERAGHTY

Jones denies the claims and is entitled to the presumption of innocence.

Jones is charged with indecently assaulting “C” eight times over a five-month period by touching and kissing him without his consent.

“C” told the court yesterday that he broke down sobbing when he told then-2GB host Ray Hadley about the alleged assaults.

He said last week that he told Jones “no” repeatedly before the then 2GB host kissed him for the first time in the lift of the broadcaster’s harbourside apartment, but the “extraordinary” power imbalance stopped him speaking out as the alleged assaults continued.

He also told the court that Jones touched him under the table on the penis over his clothing at a lunch in Sydney in front of other guests. He said one guest asked him after the lunch if he had “copped a feel”, a remark that left him “deeply embarrassed”.

The Crown alleges that Jones indecently assaulted or sexually touched six men without their consent between 2003 and 2020, and is seeking to prove 22 charges against him.

Jones’ barrister, Gabrielle Bashir, SC, said during her opening address to the court that the credibility and reliability of the complainants’ evidence would be tested.

Support is available from the National Sexual Assault, Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service at 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732) or the Men’s Referral Service on 1300 766 491.

View the original on The Sydney Morning Herald

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.