ESPN DeportesEmery contó que 'Dibu' pidió irse de Aston VillaESPN'Lose Yourself': Ravens HC Jesse Minter spearheads Eminem rap at team dinnerThe Jerusalem PostHaftarat Ki Tetze: When others destroy, Jews rebuild and make things greaterRTP DesportoArsenal inicia defesa do título inglês com vitória sobre promovido CoventryInquirerPNP ramps up efforts vs electricity theftDaily MaverickI have a picture for you! 15 August-21 August 2026HipertextualApple despide a cientos de empleados de los equipos de Siri y Vision ProDeadline‘Tony’, ‘Teenage Sex And Death At Camp Miasma’ Go Wide After Ace Debuts; Andrew Garfield In ‘The Magic Faraway Tree’, ‘It Ends’ – Specialty PreviewNTVSon dakika deprem mi oldu? Az önce deprem nerede oldu? İstanbul, Ankara, İzmir ve il il AFAD son depremler 22 Ağustos 2026MintCrashed Alaska Plane Aborted Landing Before Accident, NTSB SaysBBC BusinessCanada 'should fight' as US trade deadline looms, Manitoba premier saysCollider‘Gilmore Girls’ Biggest Unfinished Story Deserves a Second Chance 10 Years Later
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Friday, August 21, 2026

Sinner Withdraws From US Open Due To Knee Injury

Translate

World No. 1 Jannik Sinner has withdrawn from the 2026 US Open due to an ongoing right knee issue.

The Italian player announced he needs more time to recover, making him only the second reigning world No. 1 to miss the New York major since ATP rankings began.

Read Also:It Was Not Difficult Playing Against Fernandez –Jablonec strike

Recall that Sinner has not played a competitive match since winning Wimbledon on July 12, having also skipped tune-up events in Montreal and Cincinnati.

“Even though I have been working hard with my team and my medical staff, we have now had to make the difficult decision that I will not be able to compete at the US Open this year,” the Italian said in a statement.

“We have been back on court in Monte Carlo over the last couple of days and have realised that I still need more time to recover from my right knee issue.

“I’m obviously very sad and disappointed, as New York has a special place in my heart,” said the 24-year-old who won the US Open in 2024 but lost last year’s final to Carlos Alcaraz.

“I was very much looking forward to coming back and playing in the electric atmosphere in front of the great fans there.

Read Also:Championship: Millwall Boss Confirms Azeez Will Miss Norwich Clash

Sinner will remain in Europe and continue his recovery with the aim of being ready for the Asian swing and the tournaments in Beijing and Shanghai.

Sinner had been dominating the 2026 season with an impressive record of 44 wins against three losses and six titles won, including Wimbledon.

View the original on Complete Sports

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.