CNN TürkMutlak butlan sonrası bir ilk: CHP'nin 81 il başkanı Ankara'ya gidiyor!וואלהרכב התהפך בכביש 234 סמוך לטל אור - אישה נפצעה בינוניThe Jerusalem PostIsrael’s battle for global consciousness: Why the Sparta doctrine harms national security - opinionPunchWhy Kebbi gov’s labour background suits Tinubu’s campaign role — AideInquirerNorthern Mindanao top cop Abrahano is new NCRPO OIC한겨레민주 “사법부가 조희대 나가라 외쳐야…‘당 결집 계기’ 기대감도The Sydney Morning HeraldSwans fans divided on staging boycott of men’s match20 MinutenSchwerer Unfall: Mann (38) stirbt im Spital – Beifahrer überlebtNTVAziz İhsan Aktaş davasında yarın karar günüColliderRidley Scott Officially Takes Over Free Streaming With $100M Epic Ahead of Sci-Fi ReturnLenta.ruТокаев высказался о назначении вице-президентаn-tvSkandinavisches Design von 1956: Volvo Amazon - ein Auto, wie es vorher noch keins gab
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Sunday, August 23, 2026

Less than 20km of clearing left to connect Accra-Kumasi Expressway to Kumasi – Agbodza

Translate

The Minister for Roads and Highways, Governs Kwame Agbodza, says less than 20 kilometres of clearing work remains on the Accra-Kumasi Expressway before the project reaches Kumasi.

Mr Agbodza said the project had made significant progress and was now only a short stretch away from connecting with the Kumasi Orbiter, also known as the Kumasi Ring Road.

“We have less than 20 kilometres. I’m sure we have maybe around 10, 15 kilometres to hit Kumasi itself,” he said on Friday, August 21, 2026.

The Minister said the progress would pave the way for the expressway to connect with key road infrastructure around Kumasi.

Contractor back on site

Mr Agbodza also announced that Kofi Job Construction Limited had returned to site and was making progress on the project.

“Since then, the contractor, Kofi Job, has returned to site and is doing very well,” he said.

He explained that the contractor was nearing completion of one section of the road before moving to the other side, expressing confidence that the remaining works would be completed.

Asantehene’s support

Mr Agbodza acknowledged the support and guidance of the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, on road infrastructure development in the Kumasi enclave.

He said the Asantehene had previously stressed the need to complete roads around the area to facilitate the operationalisation of the Sewua Hospital, which is expected to serve as a regional hospital for Kumasi.

The Minister also expressed appreciation to the Ghana Armed Forces for their support during the clearing exercise and thanked the Asantehene for his continued counsel and support for road development in the Ashanti Region.

DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.

Tags:  

DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.

View the original on MyJoyOnline

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.