ESPNMock draft: Puka Nacua, Jeremiyah Love drop due to recent newsESPN DeportesCarlos Rodón vuelve a Yankees para abrir serie ante OriolesDaily MaverickMUNICIPAL DYSFUNCTION: NMB emergency and service vehicles immobilised by yet another fuel crisisוואלהמסתמן: אחמד טיבי הסיר את התנגדותו למתווה ההקמה מחדש של הרשימה המשותפתThe Jerusalem PostIsraeli grandmaster Yahli Sokolovsky wins European Under-20 Chess ChampionshipCBS NewsJustice Department to send a record 1,000 monitors to midterm polling placesSBS 뉴스용산공원에 '청년임대주택'…오세훈 "미래 세대 몫" 반대3DNewsZalman выпустила двухбашенные кулеры CNPS15X BP и CNPS12X BP для процессоров с TDP до 285 ВтCollider10 Thriller Book Masterpieces So Great They Became the BlueprintNOSTonnen nucleair materiaal gevonden in zoektocht naar Assads atoomprogrammaDeadlineHow A Tray Of Bloody Oysters Helped ‘The Diplomat’ Find “A Real Spine” For Season 4 – The BackstoryComplete SportsWhy Man United Must Not Rely On Shaw –Rooney
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Remains of 3rd missing person found on rural Ontario property: OPP

Translate

Posted August 18, 2026 4:15 pm

2 min read

Lawrence Bertrim is pictured in a photo provided by OPP after his remains were found on a property on Kelly Jordan Road Aug. 6. Ontario Provincial Police

The human remains of a man missing for nearly four years have been found on the same property on which the remains of two other men were found in the past 10 months.

Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) said officers located the remains of 42-year-old Lawrence Bertrim of Smiths Falls, Ont., on Aug. 6 on a property located on Kelly Jordan Road.

Police said the man was last seen in downtown Smiths Falls at approximately 11 p.m. on Sept. 30, 2022.

A cause of death has not yet been determined.

The discovery of Bertrim’s remains comes a little less than a month after police said they found the remains of Robert Lambert of Montague Township, who was 75 when he went missing on Nov. 18, 2018.  Those remains were also on the same Kelly Jordan Road property.

Story continues below advertisement

Lambert’s remains were found slightly more than a year after the province announced a $50,000 reward for information that would lead to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for his disappearance. At the time he disappeared, Lambert required help to travel and medication on a regular basis.

Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you'll never miss the day's top stories.

Get daily National news

Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you'll never miss the day's top stories.

A $50,000 reward that was previously issued by the Ontario government for information leading to the arrest and conviction of a person or people responsible for Bertrim’s disappearance remains in place, OPP said in a news release Tuesday.

Human remains were first found on the Kelly Jordan Road property last year when police carried out a search warrant on Oct. 30.

In the execution of the warrant, remains confirmed to be that of Robbie Thomson were found. Thomson had been missing since October 2023.

Four people have since been arrested and charged in connection with Thomson’s death.

No charges or arrests have been made in connection with Lambert or Bertrim’s deaths.

Lanark County OPP and Smiths Falls Police Service, under OPP’s criminal investigation branch continue to investigate. Police will also continue to maintain an increased presence on Kelly Jordan Road as part of this ongoing investigation.

View the original on Global News

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.