Teen arrested over alleged sexual assault attempt in Melbourne
Police have arrested a 13-year-old boy over an alleged attempted sexual assault at Kooyong last month.
Video of the incident widely circulated showing a person being chased away by dogs after the alleged assault.
Victoria Police said the boy was arrested on Thursday morning and released pending further enquiries.
Police said they were looking into whether the boy may be linked to other reported incidents of a similar nature.
Acting Detective Senior Sergeant Andrew Wise thanked the public for their help.
"We received a number of valuable pieces of information from the community, including reports made through Crime Stoppers, which greatly assisted our investigation," he said.
The alleged sexual assault attempt happened on July 14 near Gardiners Creek.
A 67-year-old Toorak woman and a 39-year-old Glen Iris woman were walking with eight dogs when a person attacked them.
The women reported a male jumped out of a bush and put his arms around one of them before being pushed away, police said.
After attempting to grab the other woman, police said the person was then chased by the team of dogs into a nearby tunnel under the Monash Freeway.
Police say the dogs managed to tear off a piece of the assailant's clothing as he fled.
KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.