וואלהקאליבאף: מיצרי הורמוז ישארו סגורים - עד שארה"ב תעמוד בעסקת הבינייםThe Jerusalem PostBedouin man indicted for planning terror attack on Beersheba nightclub, contacting ISISDaily MaverickRussian missile attack kills 10 in Ukraine's Kharkiv region, officials sayRTP DesportoAarhus é último obstáculo para Benfica entrar na Liga EuropaInquirer EntertainmentEdward Barber reveals engagement to non-showbiz GFEl ComercioTrump cobra hasta US$100.000 por sus mensajes: así funciona el polémico negocio que terminó en una demandaRTL BoulevardSatellietfoto's tonen aan: kilometerslange wal verrijst in GazastrookVilaWebSet ministres espanyols compareixeran la setmana vinent al congrés per explicar la crisi de CeutaIl Fatto QuotidianoTrova un’urna funebre su una spiaggia in Puglia e il timbro del crematorio rivela la provenienza delle ceneri: sono di un 80enne emigrato in GermaniaTagesschauAngriffe über queere DatingplattformenObservador DesportoAlgés. Família também era seguida pela Santa CasaThe Sydney Morning HeraldScots College briefs boys as young as 10 on sexual assault allegations as council backs principal
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Tuesday, August 18, 2026

SA reveals five-year plan to roll out domestic violence royal commission reforms

Translate

The SA government will introduce new laws to restrict the online delivery of alcohol, including a two-hour gap between order and delivery, as it announces a five-year plan to implement recommendations from the recent Royal Commission into Domestic, Family and Sexual Violence.

The government said it had already "completed" responses to 12 of the 136 recommendations and that work was "underway towards a further 25".

At the time of its initial response to the royal commission, it accepted 129 of the recommendations either "in full, in principle or in part".

Among the steps currently being undertaken was the introduction of new legislation to regulate home delivery of alcohol.

The government said the reforms would be introduced to parliament this week, and would include the restriction of same-day alcohol delivery to between 10am and 10pm.

"A minimum two-hour safety pause will be introduced between sale and delivery," the government said.

It today committed to a five-year plan, called "Building Safer Futures", to roll out its response to the royal commission.

"The implementation plan is an early blueprint of how we will respond to the 63 recommendations accepted in full, 19 in part and six noted," the government said.

Natasha Stott Despoja at a media conference.

Former senator Natasha Stott Despoja chaired the royal commission. (ABC News: Che Chorley)

Premier Peter Malinauskas said the delivery of alcohol had been taken up in the community "rather broadly" but regulation had "not kept pace with the service".

He said he hoped the legislation would pass parliament before the end of the year.

"To be clear, people will still be able to purchase alcohol online and have it delivered to their home, but there has to be a two-hour delay between the purchase being initiated and the order being completed," he said.

"And then, we are curtailing the times that that can occur to 10am to 10pm in the evening, which just makes sense.

"It strikes me as being a reasonable proposition that the Royal Commission has made, and we're willing to accommodate it given the challenge that we're trying to tackle here."

View the original on ABC News (Australia)

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.