וואלהתחזית מזג האוויר: עלייה נוספת בטמפרטורות והכבדה בעומסי החוםThe Jerusalem PostIsrael must investigate itself: IDF accountability strengthens the country - editorialInquirerPAF vows sanctions for violators of awards, promotions policyESPN DeportesLA Galaxy vence a Earthquakes con Chucky en la cancha한겨레스페인 일간 마르카, 이강인에 별 3개 주며 “새로운 영웅 탄생” 극찬SözcüOkul bahçesinde kanlı buluşma! Arkadaşını 3 yerinden bıçakladıCNN TürkYıldız Tilbe Harbiye’de ayakta alkışlandı! Roman havasıyla coşturduSky TG24Guerra Ucraina Russia, attacco missilistico su Kiev: almeno 7 morti e 30 feriti. LIVE20 MinutenHollywoodstar Naomi Watts kommt mit Nazi-Film ans ZFFSBS 뉴스[바로이뉴스] "사실이면 난 한기호 아들"…'탈영 의혹' "노코멘트" 진실은?Il Fatto QuotidianoGli incendi continuano e il caldo non molla: al governo che non fa nulla darei una medaglia al disonore civileSouth China Morning PostHong Kong pet owner barred from leaving city pending trial over fatal dog attacks
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Thursday, August 20, 2026

Sonu Nigam reacts to impersonator case settlement; says, “Saste mein chhoot gaya bahut”

Translate

Sonu Nigam has opened up about his legal battle with Bihar-based criminal lawyer Sonu Nigam Singh, whose social media account was allegedly mistaken for that of the singer. The dispute, which involved alleged misuse of the singer’s identity and personality rights, has now been settled following an amicable agreement between the two parties.

The Bombay High Court recently disposed of the commercial intellectual property suit after the singer and the lawyer reached a settlement. However, Sonu Nigam has said that he is not completely satisfied with the outcome and believes that cases involving digital impersonation and identity rights require stricter legal action.

Speaking about the issue, the singer said, “I quit X in 2017 but this person kept impersonating me. If I met President Droupadi Murmu, he would post a photo as if I am posting it. It is cruel to put someone’s name, reputation and life at risk.”

Nigam further claimed that the alleged impersonation had consequences for him and his family. “My family and I started receiving threats for posts this guy had made. He would post something and people would hurl abuses at me,” he said.

The singer said he was relieved that the court had issued a strict warning to the lawyer, but felt that the consequences should have been more severe. “Such people should be put in prison. He may have not murdered me physically but he harmed me and my reputation. Saste mein chhoot gaya bahut. Even the PM (@narendramodi) follows him thinking that is my account,” Nigam said.

Sonu Nigam had filed the suit before the Bombay High Court in July last year, alleging violations of his personality rights and digital impersonation. The account in question was allegedly used to share politically charged and communally sensitive posts. Since Nigam had left X in 2017, the account was allegedly mistaken by some users for the singer’s official account.

While the legal dispute has now been resolved, Nigam’s comments highlight his concerns over the impact of social media impersonation on a public figure’s reputation and personal life.

Also Read : Sonu Nigam reveals he uses auto-tune in certain songs; says, “It can’t replace singers”

BOLLYWOOD NEWS - LIVE UPDATES

Catch us for latest Bollywood News, New Bollywood Movies update, Box office collection, New Movies Release , Bollywood News Hindi, Entertainment News, Bollywood Live News Today & Upcoming Movies 2026 and stay updated with latest hindi movies only on Bollywood Hungama.

View the original on Bollywood Hungama

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.