ESPN DeportesDodgers mantiene ventaja de dos sobre Rockies al llegar al último tercio del juegoThe Jerusalem Post'They betrayed him': Former CIA informant who provided intelligence on bin Laden faces deportation한겨레‘순대외금융자산’ 7천억달러 가까이 급감…2분기 ‘코스피 불장’ 탓InquirerRomualdez to file supplemental counter affidavit with OmbudsmanThe Sydney Morning HeraldFish for dinner? Follow Josh Niland's hot tipsוואלהשר החוץ האמריקני מרקו רוביו ייפגש עם מקבילתו הקנדיתAntara NewsBNPB ensures housing support for NTT quake survivorsRolling StoneHayden Panettiere’s ‘Heroes’ Dad Mourns Star and Criticizes Paparazzi That ‘Hunted’ HerColliderBefore ‘Yellowstone,’ James Stewart’s Oscar-Nominated Western Became a 2-Part Sleeper HitRai NewsFinancial Times: "Iran minaccia le basi americane in Europa". La Nato pronta a qualsiasi situazioneTagesschauMassive russische Angriffe auf die ukrainische Hauptstadt KiewChannel News AsiaK-pop group Rescene and fans raise over US$64,000 for Geoje flood relief
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Thursday, August 20, 2026

Images of suspected hitmen released after Melbourne gangland killing

Translate

A man running from a burning car captured in a CCTV image

The car was set alight after the shooting. (Supplied: Victoria Police)

In short:

Police have released CCTV of a getaway car being set alight after the murder of Melbourne man Athan Boursinos.

Mr Boursinos, 21, was shot dead at Wollert in what police believe was a hit sanctioned by a NSW crime syndicate.

Police have spoken to two men previously identified on CCTV in relation to the shooting.

Police have issued a fresh plea for information just over a year after a 21-year-old man was gunned down by men police believe were hitmen from NSW.

Athan Boursinos was shot dead in a laneway behind a property in Champions Parade, Wollert shortly before 9am on July 31.

Police believe an interstate organised crime syndicate targeted Mr Boursinos.

Investigators think the men who carried out the hit travelled to Victoria from NSW and had help from two Victorian men while in the state.

The men who shot Mr Boursinos fled the scene in a Nissan Patrol, which was later found burnt out on Amery Street, Reservoir, shortly after the shooting.

Police have released footage of the vehicle being set alight, with a man seen running from the scene.

Two men walking past a house are captured on CCTV

Men believed to be involved in the death of Mr Boursinos were caught on CCTV walking from a house several hours after the shooting. (Supplied: Victoria Police)

Investigators say the three men then got into a stolen grey Volkswagen Golf which travelled to an address in Dallas, where the men entered a house.

The men later left the property and got into an Isuzu D-Max around 11:50am.

Police believe the vehicle dropped off two of the men at Reservoir and two other men continued to the Glenroy area.

Police later found the car burnt out at Mickleham.

Organised crime links

The investigation into the shooting of Mr Boursinos is continuing and Detective Inspector Leigh Howse said police needed the public's help to make a breakthrough.

 "Following a protracted investigation over the last 12 months, we are now at a point where we need the public's assistance on the roles and identities of four men we believe were involved in this homicide," he said.

"At this stage, we believe two of those men are from New South Wales, and two are from Victoria.

A police car and police tape seen blocking the scene of a residential street in Wollert, where a shooting took place

Athan Boursinos was shot dead in Wollert in July 2025 in what police believe was a hit organised in NSW. (ABC News: Harvey Biggs)

"It is likely that the two men from New South Wales were contracted to carry out the murder, and the two Victorians have assisted with booking accommodation and providing and driving getaway vehicles."

Detective Inspector Howse said police were yet to identify a motive for the murder of Mr Boursinos but had "several lines of enquiry."

"Athan's various connections to organised crime add a greater level of complexity to the investigation,"

he said.

"If you believe you have any information relating to the men who carried out this murder, now is the time to speak up."

In November 2025, police released images of two men they wanted to speak to over the murder.

Victoria Police said detectives had identified the men and spoken to them.

Anyone with information has been urged to contact CrimeStoppers on 1800 333 000.

View the original on ABC News (Australia)

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.