Daily MaverickPOETRY CORNER: Arrive at your own door: on feathered things and finally meeting the selfThe Jerusalem Post'Revenge for Benayahu': Police probe suspected price tag attack on Palestinian village near NablusPunchLook beyond white-collar jobs, embrace entrepreneurship, Kwara urges youthsRTP DesportoCanoístas Iago Bebiano e André Moreira de prata no K2 500 metrosInquirer5 missing fishermen found safe in Oriental Mindoro townCNN Türk20 milyon Euro'yu getir, Torreira'yı alוואלהרכב התהפך בכביש 234 סמוך לטל אור - אישה נפצעה בינוני한겨레조국 “‘비밀번호 20자리’ 한동훈 휴대전화, 국회에서 같이 보자”Euronews5.9-magnitude earthquake strikes Japan, injuring at least 37NMEBigXthaPlug arrested on drug and gun charges in TexasDaily MailPictured: Five men killed in 'TikTok joyride' crash after VW driving wrong way smashed into police car and left two officers deadIl Fatto QuotidianoDifende un’amica e viene aggredito e colpito alla testa con un cartello stradale: 19enne in prognosi riservata
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Sunday, August 23, 2026

2 dead as under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad's Madhapur, rescue underway

Translate

Two people were killed, and several others sustained injuries after an under-construction seven-storey building collapsed in Anjaiah Nagar, Madhapur, Hyderabad, on Saturday, police said.

Emergency response teams, including local police and rescue personnel, arrived at the scene shortly after the incident to clear the debris and rescue individuals trapped underneath.

Also Read | Dilapidated building collapses mid-demolition in Capital, one dead

According to police officials, the rescue operations are currently underway.

"An under-construction seven-storey building collapsed in Anjaiah Nagar. So far, two people have lost their lives. Rescue teams have reached the spot, clearing of debris is underway, and the rescue operation is in progress. We will provide more details later," a police official said.

Speaking on the incident, Congress MLA Arekapudi Gandhi alleged that the construction was unauthorised and had previously been halted by municipal authorities.

Also Read | 10 injured as MMRDA crane collapses at under-construction site in Mumbai’s Kurla

"In Madhapur division, the illegal seven-storey under-construction building was stopped by officials for four months. They recently restarted the construction work illegally. The cellar work was being extended to the adjacent building connected to the seven-storey structure, which led to its sudden collapse," Gandhi said.

Also Read | Saidulajab building collapse: Illegal additions, basement excavation weakened structure, chargesheet says

Gandhi further said, "People must understand the risks of illegal constructions. Some people are profiting through such illegal constructions. Many such illegal constructions are going on in Serilingampally. We are seizing buildings, but they are not following the norms. A similar incident had happened earlier, and now it has happened again," he added.

View the original on Hindustan Times

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.