The Jerusalem PostFirst 1,400 housing units to be marketed in controversial E1 area of West BankESPNThe six 'drumbeat' players generating buzz you shouldn't ignore in draftsוואלהנעדרת מעל חודש: במשטרה מבקשים את עזרת הציבור באיתור לריסה מרלמשטיין מאשדודRTP Desporto12h30 Circati em Lisboa, Mourinho promete defender ViniciusPunchAA presidential candidate urges INEC, security agencies to ensure credible pollsDaily MaverickThe pillar we forgot to build: A National Development Plan must include the fatherRai NewsTg2 Medicina 33 del 19/08/2026BBC NewsThunderstorm warnings issued for parts of UK with flash flooding expectedCNN بالعربيةالجيش الإسرائيلي يقرّ لأول مرة بإطلاق النار على سيارة كانت تقل الطفلة هند رجب.. ويفتح تحقيقًا جنائيًّاSportstarIndian Super League — Bengaluru FC signs Montenegro forward Mihailo PerovicWirtualna Polska"Nie pudrujcie systemu". Pierwsze komentarze ws. zmian w podatkachBBC BusinessOverhaul for Belfast cranes ahead of major contract
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Lacson: Ombudsman subpoenas on Taguig infra docs already out

Translate
Lacson: Ombudsman subpoenas on Taguig infra docs already out
Alan Peter Cayetano and Panfilo “Ping” Lacson—PHOTOS BY NIÑO JESUS ORBETA

MANILA, Philippines — Sen. Panfilo Lacson on Wednesday said he believed that the Office of the Ombudsman has issued subpoenas to several government agencies for documents related to alleged anomalies in infrastructure and reclamation projects in Taguig City.

Lacson said the Ombudsman’s fact-finding investigation is ongoing and that subpoenas have been sent to the Land Registration Authority, Taguig Registry of Deeds, Department of Public Works and Highways and Philippine Reclamation Authority.

READ: Lacson turns over evidence from Taguig infra probe to Ombudsman

Article continues after this advertisement

“May subpoena na pinalabas ang Ombudsman sa Land Registration Authority, Registry of Deeds ng Taguig, at sa DPWH, pati sa PRA,” Lacson said in an interview with dzBB.

FEATURED STORIES

NEWSINFO

NEWSINFO

NEWSINFO

(“The Ombudsman has issued subpoenas to the Land Registration Authority, the Taguig Registry of Deeds, the DPWH, and the PRA.)

The senator said his office also submitted 10 title numbers to help investigators determine the registered owners of properties involved in the probe.

“Lahat na documents kasi pinadala din namin ang 10 title numbers na nakuha namin so kailangan tingnan kung kanino nakatitulo ito. Yan ang subpoena na alam kong huling naipalabas ng Ombudsman, at least sa fact-finding nila para magkaroon ng basehan sa kanilang preliminary investigation,” he added.

(We also sent them all the documents, including the 10 title numbers we obtained, so they need to determine who these properties are registered under. These are the latest subpoenas that I know the Ombudsman has issued, at least as part of its fact-finding to establish a basis for its preliminary investigation.”

Article continues after this advertisement

Lacson said one of the eight reclamation sites covered by the investigation had already been completed, while the other seven remained ongoing.

Based on PRA data provided to Lacson, the reclamation activities date back to 2007 and cover at least 85 hectares.

Article continues after this advertisement

The Inquirer also sought confirmation and more details from the Office of the Ombudsman regarding the said subpoenas but has yet to receive a response as of posting time.

The probe stemmed from Lacson’s allegations of irregularities in Taguig projects, and said his office turned over documentary and testimonial evidence to the Ombudsman.

Lacson said the documents could support possible cases involving plunder, malversation and violations of the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act.

Lacson’s feud with Senate Minority Leader Alan Peter Cayetano prompted Lacson’s probe in Taguig, the political bailiwick of the Cayetanos.

READ: Cayetano tells Dizon to resist pressure in Taguig projects probe

Lacson has accused the projects of involving alleged anomalies, including reclamation works purportedly disguised as flood-control or slope-protection projects.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.

Your subscription has been successful.

Cayetano, however, has denied Lacson’s allegeations and defended the lakeshore developments./dp

View the original on Inquirer

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.