ESPN DeportesEl City es sorprendido y el AFC Bournemouth se va arriba en el marcadorPunchInsecurity: Nigeria must not become a killing field, Obi tells FGESPNHave fun! Don't dig holes in the outfield! MLB players give their Little League adviceוואלהפועל נפל מגובה באתר בנייה בקריית אתא - מצבו בינוניThe Jerusalem PostEx-Labor Party chair Shelly Yachimovich reveals months-long battle with pancreatic cancerInquirerMainland Occidental Mindoro hit by unscheduled total blackoutUOLHaaland corta o cabelo para a estreia da temporada do Manchester CityThe GuardianFormula One 2026: Max Verstappen crashes out of Dutch Grand Prix – liveThe Sydney Morning HeraldDutch F1 Grand Prix live: Verstappen crashes out on the first lap in stunning scenesVariety‘Seduction,’ Helmed by Zelito Viana and Marcos Palmeira, to Premiere at the Inffinito Fest in Miami (EXCLUSIVE)Observador DesportoHá ais dois mortos no incêndio em restaurante na SuíçaRTL BoulevardSophie Straat roept witte mannen op 'vooraan te staan in debat'
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Sunday, August 23, 2026

New Zealand call up replacements after concussion injuries in first test

Translate

JOHANNESBURG, Aug 22 : New Zealand have called up veteran prop forward Ofa Tu’ungafasi and promising lock Jamie Hannah to their tour squad in South Africa as injury replacements for Ethan de Groot and Josh Lord, who were hurt in Saturday's first test win over the Springboks in Johannesburg, the New Zealand Rugby Union said.

De Groot and Lord went off near the end of the first half of the All Blacks' 33-16 win at Ellis Park after blows to the head and must go through the World Rugby concussion protocols, likely ruling them out of next week's second test in Cape Town.

The 34-year-old Tu’ungafasi, who played at the last two World Cups for the All Blacks, and Hannah, who won his first cap as a late injury replacement against France in the Nations Championship last month, will leave New Zealand on Sunday to arrive in South Africa on Monday, the NZRU said.

New Zealand have already brought in four replacements in the first fortnight of their six-week, eight-match tour of South Africa, where they have won the opening four matches.

View the original on Channel News Asia

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.