וואלהסיפוח הורמוז, מזכר ההבנות - ומפציצי B-2: טראמפ משיב אש לאיראןDaily MaverickAgribusiness exploits humans and animals alike – legal protections should be species-blindESPN DeportesTommy John y el día que cambió el beisbol para siempreThe Jerusalem PostLuigi Mangione's New York murder trial postponed amid double jeopardy challengeESPN🏈 NFL preseason Week 1 takeawaysMexico News DailyMexico’s women’s flag football team is Olympics-bound after taking bronze at World ChampionshipsBBC MundoQuién es Duane Davis, el acusado del asesinato del rapero Tupac Shakur hace 30 años (y el libro de memorias que fue clave para incriminarlo)Variety‘Spy Kids’ Actor Alexa PenaVega Shares Heartbreak After Deaths of Fellow Child Stars Hayden Panettiere, Michelle Trachtenberg and Daveigh Chase: ‘Hug Your People Close Today’SBS 뉴스[단독] "다시 하나로 뭉쳐야"…내일 출마자 초청 만찬BillboardSystem of a Down to Headline Massive ‘One Night Only’ Concert in Rio de JaneiroDeadlineAbby Phillip Signs New Deal To Remain At CNNCBS NewsTrump threatens Oman, Iran war in stalemate as 60-day talks window ends
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Monday, August 17, 2026

IDF, COGAT evacuate illegal outpost near Hebron three months after residents attack police - report

Translate

The outpost, known as Givat Or Yehuda, was reportedly the site of a violent incident three months earlier, which Army Radio cited as the reason for Monday's evacuation.

Follow us on Google
Israeli settlers are evacuated from illegal outpost Givat Or Yehuda, in the southern Hebron hills, on August 17, 2026 (CREDIT: TELEGRAM/DORON KADOSH).
ByMAYA ZANGER-SHAMIR

The Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) and Israeli security forces evacuated an illegal settler outpost near Susya, in the southern Hebron hills, on Monday, according to Army Radio.

The outpost, known as Givat Or Yehuda, was reportedly the site of a violent incident three months earlier, which Army Radio cited as the reason for Monday's evacuation.

In May, when Israeli security forces arrived at the outpost to confiscate stolen and illegally held vehicles, extremist settler residents threw stones at police officers and blocked roads to prevent them from moving.

The evacuation comes on the heels of a string of violent settler attacks on the Palestinian village of Kusra near Nablus, over 100km north of Susya, which resulted in the IDF declaring the area a closed military zone.

However, some 15 extremist settlers entered Kusra again on Saturday, though the IDF had declared the area a closed military zone, Army Radio reported.

IDF soldiers in the village of Kusra, south of Nablus, West Bank, on August 14, 2026.
IDF soldiers in the village of Kusra, south of Nablus, West Bank, on August 14, 2026. (credit: FLASH90)

IDF troops arrived at the area where the Jewish extremists were gathered and read the closed military area order to the settlers, who then left the area, Army Radio reported later.

Military to conduct probe into Kusra incident, settler leaders condemn violent acts in the village 

A military spokesperson told The Jerusalem Post earlier in August that the IDF would be conducting a probe into the incident.

The probe will cover why it took the IDF 48 hours to evacuate the illegal outpost set up by Jewish extremists, as well as why the military did not remove the outpost for a second time after the settlers returned.

Palestinian residents who remain in the area told Israel's public broadcaster KAN News that they still feel threatened by Jewish extremists.

The recent events in Kusra drew international attention and prompted condemnations of settler violence from figures who otherwise strongly support Israeli settlement in the West Bank, including several settlement officials and National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir.

Ben-Gvir told KAN News that while he admires the extremist settlers building outposts, “there are some among them who really need to be stopped.”

Corinne Baum, Shir Perets, Jerusalem Post Staff, and Yonah Jeremy Bob contributed to this report.

View the original on The Jerusalem Post

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.