ESPN DeportesResponder la ofensiva de Tigers y rompe racha de tres derrotasESPNWhich NFL teams are in the best shape for the next three seasons? 1-32 projections for 2027-29PunchPolice impound five Air Peace vehicles over runway blockadeThe Jerusalem PostUK Prime Minister Burnham messaged someone posing as White House chief of staff - reportוואלהנשיא קולומביה: ההפסדים הכלכליים מרעידת אדמה מוערכים בכ-9.58 מיליארד דולר한겨레조지연 후원자, 유니세프 아너스클럽 가입Daily MaverickZambia’s Hichilema re-elected though cost-of-living pressures dent his supportInquirerPagasa: Water levels of 8 of 9 monitored dams rise over past 24 hours경향신문스타벅스, 21일까지 오후 2∼6시 여름 음료 9종 30% 할인Wirtualna PolskaGwałtowne wzrosty stanów rzek. IMGW ostrzega pięć województwCNN BrasilCorinthians autoriza Memphis a treinar no CT após aval do CORIThe Sydney Morning HeraldAlan Jones trial live updates: ‘Complainant C’ returns for further cross-examination as alleged indecent assault, sexual touching trial continues
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Ministry defends transfer of Sabah hospital director amid ongoing sexual harassment probe

Translate
Health Ministry transfers Sabah hospital director pending probe into sexual‑harassment allegations. — Picture by Raymond Manuel

Health Ministry transfers Sabah hospital director pending probe into sexual‑harassment allegations. — Picture by Raymond Manuel

By Julia Chan

First Published: Monday, 17 Aug 2026 3:20 PM MYT

KOTA KINABALU, Aug 17 — The Health Ministry’s decision to remove a Sabah hospital director from his post and transfer him to the state health department is pending further investigation into allegations of sexual harassment.

Health Minister Datuk Seri Dzulkefly Ahmad said the administrative transfer was made deliberately to ensure the investigation could proceed without the officer remaining in a position that could potentially affect the process.

“We have made that decision consciously. We have conducted our internal investigation and there will be a full investigation thereafter,” he told reporters after chairing the first 2026 Joint Action Committee Meeting on Sabah Health Development here today.

His comments came after the hospital director’s lawyer, Joan Goh, said he was mulling taking legal action over the transfer.

The sexual harassment allegations were made by a subordinate working at the same hospital. It was also reported that there were at least two alleged “victims”, although this was not verified by authorities.

Dzulkefly said the officer had been placed at the Sabah Health Department as a medical officer, but stressed that the move did not constitute a demotion in terms of his service grade.

“We are only removing him from his role as hospital director so that he does not interfere with the investigation that will be conducted,” he said.

Dzulkefly said the ministry’s decision to transfer the officer was intended specifically to allow the investigative process to proceed without disruption.

He stressed that the administrative move did not alter the officer’s service grade, but removed him from his leadership position while the matter is being investigated.

Goh said that her client is challenging the transfer and has sought an explanation from the ministry over the reasons and evidence relied upon in making the decision.

Goh had reportedly submitted a formal representation to the ministry on behalf of her client, questioning the authority to remove him from his post before the conclusion of any disciplinary proceedings.

The case drew public attention last month after Kepayan assemblyman Chin Tek Ming and Parti Warisan’s Dr Istefan Koh brought the case to social media calling for a thorough investigation into allegations of sexual harassment and workplace bullying involving hospital staff.

Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Jauteh Dikun confirmed that police had opened an investigation following a report lodged in January concerning allegations of sexual harassment involving a hospital director.

Jauteh had said the alleged incident was reported to have taken place in October last year.

View the original on Malay Mail

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.