DOJ files sex raps vs Marikina representative

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Justice (DOJ) has filed sexual assault and acts of lasciviousness charges against Marikina Rep. Marcelino “Marcy” Teodoro based on allegations made by two policewomen who were part of his security team.
DOJ spokesperson Polo Martinez confirmed on Tuesday that Teodoro was charged with four counts of sexual assault before the Marikina Regional Trial Court and one count of acts of lasciviousness in the Metropolitan Trial Court (MeTC).
Martinez clarified that the rape charges in the original complaint remain incorporated as “sexual assault” under Article 266-A of the Revised Penal Code, which was amended by Republic Act No. 8353.
Article continues after this advertisement
READ: DOJ, Marikina police confirm rape raps vs Marcelino Teodoro
FEATURED STORIES
NEWSINFO
NEWSINFO
NEWSINFO
The acts of lasciviousness charge, on the other hand, was lodged in the MeTC as it has jurisdiction over the offense, he added.
“The cases are now under the [courts’] jurisdiction and shall proceed in accordance with the Rules of Court for the conduct of trial,” Martinez said in a statement to reporters.
Sought for comment, Teodoro, a longtime mayor of Marikina who is now the city’s House representative, maintained his innocence and called the charges against him baseless. He served as mayor for three consecutive terms from 2016 to 2025.
Smear campaign
Teodoro had previously called the allegations politically motivated.
Article continues after this advertisement
“Unless the case is heard and a decision is reached—one that exposes the lies and reveals the actual truth—the smear campaign and uncertainty will only persist. The reality is that this is exactly what his detractors want,” his lawyer, Alma Mallonga, said in a statement sent to the Inquirer.
Mallonga added that Teodoro is “ready to face the full legal process so the truth may come to light as soon as possible.”
Article continues after this advertisement
At the same time, she claimed the “original” findings of the DOJ probe had recommended the dismissal of the charges against her client. The DOJ has yet to address her claim as of Tuesday night.
The charges against Teodoro stem from a complaint filed against him in the DOJ’s National Prosecution Service in September.
The alleged victims were reassigned to Camp Crame after they filed the charges to ensure their safety and well-being, the Marikina City police said at the time.
Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.
Both reportedly served as the lawmaker’s close-in security, but not at the same time. One of them was also assigned to Teodoro’s wife, Maan Teodoro, who succeeded him as Marikina mayor in 2025. /cb
KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.