וואלהנהיגה תחת השפעת קוקאין וקנאביס: נהג אוטובוס ממזרח ירושלים נעצר - רישיונו נפסלThe Jerusalem PostA-G proposes delaying Oct. 7 inquiry decision as government 'hasn't established one anyway'PunchOsun poll: Tinubu magnanimous, Ekiti was taken from me in 2018 — FayoseBollywood HungamaMohit Suri buys Mercedes-Benz EQS worth over Rs 1.60 crore, adds luxury EV to his garageESPNTransfer rumors, news: Al Hilal eye shock move for KaneDaily MaverickKyrgios provisionally suspended after testing positive for cocaineRTP DesportoMédio Rodrigo Mora deixa FC Porto para reforçar RomaInquirerDole reminds employers, workers of pay rules during work suspensionsWirtualna PolskaRewolucja w PIT dla 3,5 mln Polaków. Tusk ogłosił nowe progi i stawkiCNN بالعربيةبين حسن نية وضعف.. فريق متقاعد من كوريا الجنوبية يحلل رسائل ترامب تجاه كيمVanguardSam Amuka’s courage, editorial freedom shaped Vanguard newspapers – OsobaХабрКриптомайнер на Gitea: 70% нагрузки CPU, RCE в self-hosted Gitea вместо GitLab и как я закрыл уязвимость
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Wednesday, August 19, 2026

UAE says Iran fired two missiles at it, both fell in the sea

Translate

Iran fired two missiles at the United Arab Emirates on Tuesday, the country’s defense ministry said, with both projectiles falling in the sea without causing injury or damage. The missile fire, the first in months, came amid continued tensions between the US and Iran.

The UAE said both missiles fell in the sea, one inside territorial waters, one outside them, and stressed the UAE’s readiness to deal with any threats. It was the the first such incident reported since a May 4 strike on the Fujairah port.

The defense ministry said in a statement later that the missiles were targeting “maritime traffic” based on its assessments. The ministry also called on the public “to obtain all information from official authorities in the country and to avoid rumors and misinformation.”

Promoted: Sheba's Humanitarian MissionsKeep Watching

Skip Ad

There was no immediate comment from Iran.

The future of the US-Iran conflict is uncertain, with the 60-day ceasefire laid out in a June memorandum of understanding having expired on Monday. US President Donald Trump has said Washington and Tehran are not currently in talks and have no plans to engage in any.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email and never miss our top stories

By signing up, you agree to the terms

The UAE’s interior ministry also sent a phone alert stating that the situation was safe and people should resume normal activities after an earlier alert warning of a missile threat.

“The defense ministry affirms its full readiness to deal with any threats and firmly confront anything that aims to destabilize the state’s security,” it said in a statement.

On Sunday, a drone strike targeted the UAE’s sole nuclear power plant, sparking a fire.

The UAE also accused Iran recently of attacking its state-owned ADNOC vessels while transiting the Strait of Hormuz.

Iran has not claimed responsibility for the attacks on ADNOC vessels.

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards have previously ​threatened action against vessels transiting the strait if they are linked to Tehran’s adversaries ​or fail to comply with Iranian directives.

Houthis say they targeted Saudi refinery with drones

Separately on Tuesday, Yemen’s Iran-backed Houthis targeted an oil refinery on Saudi Arabia’s southern Red Sea coast, rebel media reported, as the group ramps up attacks on the kingdom after announcing a maritime blockade.

Yemen, embroiled in more than a decade of civil conflict, in July became the latest country to be drawn into the Middle East war as the Houthis upended a 2022 truce with Yemen’s Saudi-backed government, launching attacks on areas it holds as well as Saudi Arabia.

The Houthis “targeted the Aramco refinery in Jazan with a number of drones… in response to airspace violations over the governorates of Saada and Hajjah” in Yemen, Houthi news agency Saba said Tuesday, citing a military source.

Houthi supporters walk in front of posters of some top Iranian scientists who have been killed in Israeli strikes, in Sanaa, Yemen, July 13, 2026. (AP Photo/Osamah Abdulrahman)

Last month, the Houthis welcomed an Iranian plane landing in Yemen’s capital Sanaa, setting off a spate of tit-for-tat attacks.

They later announced a maritime blockade of Saudi Arabia — which has led a coalition that heavily bombed Houthi areas throughout the war.

The United Nations said it was “deeply concerned” by the reported strikes.

“Such attacks risk further entangling Yemen in the wider regional confrontation, at a time when the region is already facing intense pressure and regional trade and energy flows are under severe strain,” said UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres’ official spokesman.

The Houthis have hit Saudi tankers in the Red Sea and attacked Yemeni government forces since the latest round of fighting broke out.

They have also repeatedly targeted Saudi Arabia’s oil infrastructure and airports.

Help us report truthfully on social media

As a multimedia journalist, my job is to take the quality, fact-based journalism produced by The Times of Israel newsroom and make it accessible across every platform — from Instagram posts to podcasts to short-form videos.

This is how many, especially young people, consume news these days. But misinformation is rampant on social media. Our team at ToI produces accurate, responsible short-form reporting on Israel and the Jewish world. 

If you believe in the importance of factual social media journalism, please consider joining our reader support group, The Times of Israel Community. Your financial support is essential to sustain responsible multimedia reporting.

— Gabriella Jacobs, multimedia journalist

Support our work Support our work Already a member? Sign in to stop seeing this

View the original on The Times of Israel

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.