Bollywood HungamaSCOOP: Police Company shoot halted for 2 hours on Day 1 after FWICE intervention over RGV’s pending duesPunchEPL: João Pedro signs new Chelsea deal until 2032וואלהגוטליב במתקפה נגד סביבת נתניהו: "יכול להיות שעלה לכם קצת"The Jerusalem PostIsrael's Syria strike risked scrambling Turkish jets, military escalation, US envoy tells 'Post'Daily MaverickFRENCH LETTER: Pastafarians staring intently at the sunInquirer EntertainmentSue Ramirez mourns mom Chit’s deathUOLSol predomina e Apucarana pode chegar aos 29°C nesta quarta-feiraInquirerSolon: House open to amend proposed budget for flood control projectsSky TG24Varenne sarà tumulato nell'allevamento di Eboli: poi la celebrazione privataWirtualna PolskaZmienili konstytucję, by usunąć prezydenta. Baka przejął urządThe Sydney Morning Herald‘I’m sorry to the kids who follow me’: Kyrgios tests positive for cocaine, faces lengthy ban from tennisFrance 24UN atomic watchdog says found tons of nuclear material at Syria site
The Daily Newsstand · Free, Always
Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Batangas City gov’t to students: Stay home during class suspensions

Translate
Batangas City gov't to students: Stay home during class suspensions
INQUIRER FILES

LUCENA CITY — The Batangas City government on Wednesday reminded parents to closely supervise their children and ensure their safety as face-to-face classes remain suspended due to inclement weather, following reports of truancy in public places. 

“The Batangas City government is strongly reminding parents to closely supervise and regularly check on their children whenever the suspension of face-to-face classes is declared to ensure that they remain at home and safe,” the city government Public Information Office (PIO) said in an advisory posted on social media.

The PIO also urged parents and teachers to ensure that students participate in and complete their online learning activities while school activities are suspended.

Article continues after this advertisement

READ: WALANG PASOK: Class suspensions for Thursday, Aug. 20

FEATURED STORIES

NEWSINFO

NEWSINFO

NEWSINFO

“This was among the matters discussed during an update meeting called by Mayor Marvey Mariño on August 19, following a report from the Disaster Monitoring Team that some children had been seen in malls, playing basketball, swimming in rivers in their barangays, fishing along the Calumpang river, and engaging in other outdoor activities,” the PIO said.

Authorities emphasized that the suspension of face-to-face classes is primarily intended to protect students from risks associated with heavy rains and other hazardous weather conditions.

Schools shifted to online or modular distance learning in accordance with their respective policies when schoolwork is disrupted. 

Malacañang ordered the suspension of face-to-face classes at all levels, as well as work in government offices in the National Capital Region and 14 other provinces, including Batangas, on Tuesday and Wednesday, due to the inclement weather associated with the southwest monsoon./coa

View the original on Inquirer

KioskNews shows a cleaned-up reading view extracted from the publisher’s page — the original always lives on their site, not ours.